"I would like to thank you for changing my life. I give God the credit, but he used your hands and mind to do his work. When I met you, I was 42…
"Hi, I'm Gary Gibson. I am a lucky person to call Dr. Anna Rosinska my doctor and my friend. She and her staff have been a great blessing to both my…
Waxing is a method of hair removal which removes the hair from the root. New hair will not grow back in the previously waxed area for two to eight weeks, although some people will start to see regrowth in only a week. We are able to wax almost any area of the body, including eyebrows, face, bikini area, legs, arms, back, abdomen and feet.
There are many types of waxing suitable for removing unwanted hair. We use the Strip Waxing method at Body Focus.
Strip waxing is accomplished by spreading a wax thinly over the skin. A special paper strip is then pressed on the top and ripped off with a quick movement against the direction of hair growth. This removes the wax along with the hair.
7 Waxing Tips for Great Results
- Use the following waxing tips to make the procedure a little less intimidating:
- If you are going to be out in the sun after a waxing session, use a good sun blockers to the skin doesn’t appear to be darker in the treated area. Alternatively, stay out of the sun for 48 hours after waxing.
- Make sure the hair is at least one eighth of an inch long before the hair removal session.
- Hair absorbs water and makes it soft, not a good condition when trying to grip it in wax and pull it out! So don’t shower or wet the hair before you wax. Make sure the hair is dry and it will come out easier.
- You will probably want to wear loose fitting clothing after a waxing session to avoid the skin becoming irritated. Also, tight fitting clothing on freshly waxed areas can contribute to painful ingrown hairs.
- Exfoliate the skin using a Loofa sponge or other exfoliation accessory between one and two days after waxing. This gets rid of dead skin and helps prevent ingrown hairs.
- Don’t wax on skin affected by acne. Wait for it to recover and heal before trying to remove hair.
- Some find that deep breathing exercise also help. Just breathe in through the nose, hold your breath for a few seconds, and then slowly let it out through the mouth. You will find the body relaxes more easily. Also it has the interesting effect of relaxing hair follicles so they let go of the hair a little more easily with constricting.